What is Building Better Opportunities?
Building Better Opportunities is an exciting collaboration that aims to meet the needs of people living in East Berkshire, who remain the most excluded from the workforce. This project embeds the Supported Employment model within all its practice and all partners have signed up to this vision.
How It Helps
The Better Opportunities for East Berkshire project is designed to improve the long term prospects of individuals with multiple disadvantages by reducing barriers that prevent them from entering and sustaining employment.
GBA will engage 150 people, eligible for support under the project, in activities to improve their work readiness.
How We’ll Do It
* Provide individuals with the physical strength, stamina, resilience and energy to undertake training or work
* Develop individual motivation, drive, determination, dealing with knockbacks, providing inspiration to tackle new challenges, create desire to achieve and self-improvement
* Develop confidence to overcome difficult situations, self-belief and to take responsibility
* Improve social skills, trust, greater engagement with other people and the wider community, including development of a peer support / social network
* Increase transferable soft skills including team work, communication, problem solving, leadership, critical thinking, personal organisation
* Improve personal physical and mental wellbeing – prevention of potentially worsening health conditions and reduction in existing conditions, building mental resilience
* Improve knowledge of wellbeing, nutrition, fitness, stress management, sleep
* Increase ability to gain employment, start training, uptake in volunteering (in sport / more widely)
Workforce Training and Development
GBA are delighted to have devloped training to suuport staff have more postive conversations around physical activity and behaviour change using skills based on Motivational Interviewing.
We deliver a 5 module CPD accredited course and provide after course support through our specially designed training and resource page.