Volunteers and activators have always played a vital part in the sports and physical activity in Berkshire and without them, most community sport and physical activity simply wouldn't happen.
Get Berkshire Active would like to thank volunteers for the work they do and support them to gain the skills they need through our courses and sign post them to more volunteering opportunities and partners and programmes who can potentially support their pathway to regular work.
Get Berkshire Active do seek volunteers to support sport/physical activity events and sessions happening throughout the year. These events are either directly supported by our organisation or are being delivered by our partners and involve a variety of sports, communities and locations.
You don't need to be sporty to get involved; typical volunteer roles require enthusiastic, friendly and motivating individuals who possess a range of skills in areas including communication, leadership and organisation.
Benefits of Volunteering
Whatever your skills and interests there is an opportunity for you. The Join In UK website helps match the right volunteers to the right opportunities. Set up a profile and start browsing opportunities near you.
Individuals often find volunteering both challenging and rewarding. Here are our top 5 reasons for volunteering:
- Give something back – by volunteering you're showing your dedication to community sport – whether that's through a group, club or individual
- Make a difference to others – you could be the one that helps someone achieve their goals and dreams, whether that's getting some regular exercise or competing at world level
- Feel valued and part of a team – volunteering is a fantastic way to meet new people and develop other relationships and networks outside of home and work
- Change it up – volunteering allows you to work in a different environment and can be a way of relaxing from work or a busy lifestyle
- Gain confidence and self-esteem – volunteering gives you the chance to grow and develop skills and the confidence to use them in all walks of life