Return to Sport & Physical Activity
This support page details information and guidance for making the transition from lockdown to returning to sport and physical activity.
If you are affiliated to an NGB, we recommend visiting their website in the first instance. Find your NGB here.
Latest Sector Updates and Resources
Sport England's Autumn and Winter Activity Toolkit
The power of sport and activity to support people's physical and mental health has never been more important than it is right now.
Sport England's research has shown that coronavirus (Covid-19) has made it much harder for people to get active and we know the change of season will only make it more difficult.
To help you inspire and motivate the people in your communities to continue to be physically active, Sport England produced an Autumn and Winter Activity Toolkit that's packed with resources and information.
Government guidance on the Phased Return of Sport and Recreation
- Guidance for the public
- Guidance for personal trainers and coaches
- Guidance for providers of outdoor facilities
- Guidance on spending time outdoors
- Guidance on accessing green spaces safely
- Elite sport return to training guidance: Stage One
- Guidance for out-of-school child care provision (holiday clubs, community activities etc.)
Sport England are committed to supporting the sport and physical activity sector and helping people to stay active during these challenging times:
- Sport England: Coronavirus
For help answering some of the key questions people in the sport and physical activity sector will have as it eases some of its lockdown restrictions.
- Sport England: what happens next?
See guidance on a range of topics to help you plan for the return to play (sport and physical activity):
- Sport England: Return to play
For guidance on hygiene for sport and physical activity and some excellent resources you can use such as social media graphics, infographics and posters:
- Hygiene for Sport and Physical Activity
Club Matters have prepared a a suite of resources to support clubs and organisations to get back to activity. This covers:
- Re-opening toolkit for Clubs and Organisations
- Re-imagining your Offer
- Creating a Risk Register for Clubs and Organisations
- Creating a Risk Assessment
- Social Distancing tips for Community Clubs and Organisations
- Club Matters Guide to Understanding your people
- Understanding the legal and insurance implications of returning to activity
- Ensuring you have an accessible and inclusive environment
UK Coaching have published some fantastic resources and guidance for coaches to use and consider when returning to coaching in the new normal of social-distancing.
- Free Live Webinars - Time to Learn
- Infographics: Plan, Do, Review
- Join the Conversation: Coaching while social distancing
As more opportunities to be active resume, new guidance will help providers to enable welcoming, and more accessible environments.
Activity Alliance has published Reopening Activity: An inclusive response, in consultation with partners across sport, leisure and disability equality. The national charity wants providers to consider the guidance as part of their ongoing commitment to disabled people's inclusion.
Return to Coaching
CIMSPA (The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity) have put together, along with other sector partners, the ReOpen guidance for planning for the safe reopening of sport and physical activity sector facilities. You can access this guidance here.
The above guidance should be used in conjunction with the ukactive recommended framework for reopening the fitness and leisure sector safely. This framework can be accessed here.
- 01628 472851 / 07912 178655