Sport England Places & Spaces
This fund makes awards of up to £10,000 using National Lottery funding, from a pot of £7 million, to help community sport and physical activity groups create or improve facilities in their local area.
- Amount Available
- up to £10,000
- Type of funding
- Club, Group or Organisation
- Active Together
About Sport England Places & Spaces
Working with projects across the country, Places and Spaces is a Sport England match-funding initiative, delivered in partnership with Crowdfunder. We're especially interested in receiving bids from areas experiencing high levels of deprivation, impact of coronavirus (Covid-19), loss capability and capacity in community organisations.
This funding is for community sport and physical activity groups looking to create, improve or change a space or place that will provide opportunities for people to be more active in their local community. Whether it's the canal tow path you walk or jog along, the village hall you do keep fit classes in or the pitch you play on, welcoming and accessible spaces have a big impact on a person's experience, as well as their likelihood of getting active and coming back.
Places and Spaces is a facility-based development programme – so it's focused around a specific place or space. Appropriate ownership of the facility or space will be a requirement before you start your project.
- Awards (or 'pledges') of up to £10,000 are possible.
- You must set up a crowdfunding campaign before we'll consider a pledge towards that campaign.
- All campaigns should be a celebration of the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, providing information on how the place or space is going to provide a legacy and unite your community.
- Applications can be made by not-for-profit organisations for the benefit of people and communities within England.
- You must be able to complete your project by 31 December 2023.
Get Berkshire Active is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.