Youth Justice Sport Fund
The Ministry of Justice has identified new funding to invest in sports programmes across England and Wales that effectively deliver against criminal justice outcomes in the financial year to the end of March 2023.
- Type of funding
- Social Welfare Outcomes
- 1:00am - Fri 31st March, 2023
- Active Devon
About Youth Justice Sport Fund
The £5m programme will use sport to enhance positive outcomes for vulnerable young people in the context of youth crime. The funds will support voluntary and community sports organisations to carry out targeted work supporting children and young people who are at risk of entering the criminal justice system.
The two key goals for the funding are to:
- Support vulnerable young people, aged 10-17, at-risk of involvement in crime, anti-social behaviour and serious violence – understood as those in the secondary tier of need, through involvement in local sporting activities
- Through capacity building, increase the capability of sport sector delivery organisations to work effectively with their local criminal justice partners, including Youth Justice Services, Police and Police Crime Commissioners (PCC)/Violence Reduction Unit (VRU) structures. This work focuses on building sustainable relationships for the medium to longer term to facilitate potential future access to the new 'Turnaround' programme and other funding.
What is the funding for?
The funding is available to support voluntary and community sports organisations to carry out targeted work supporting children and young people who are at risk of entering the criminal justice system.
Sport is increasingly recognised as having a role in prevention and early intervention work with children at risk of, or already involved in offending behaviour. Although sport is unlikely to stop offending by itself, it has the potential to make a positive contribution.
Sport can offer:
- Supervised, positive, fun activities
- Pro-social friendships
- Positive adult role models
- The chance for young people to achieve
- Support for protective factors.
Upcoming online briefing sessions
Please select your prefered date from the Register your interest form (you will be sent a Zoom link for the session/s you select) -
- Tuesday 8th November 4.00 - 5.30pm (registrations for this briefing webinar are now closed)
- Wednesday 9th November 12.00 - 1.30pm (registrations for this briefing webinar are now closed)
- Thursday 10th November 10.30 - 12pm
If you have any questions about the fund please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you wish to speak to somebody in your region, please find the relevant contact details below:
Contact: Chris Tomlinson
North East & Yorkshire and Humber
Contact: Ian Hepplewhite
Midlands, East, South West and South Central
Contact: Sarah Clarke
London and South East
Contact: Emma Tugby
Contact: Kevin Roberts
Get Berkshire Active is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.