Nominations open until 17th December 2021
This year we are awarding those who have had a positive impact in Berkshire during the last year which could be an individual, a club/organisation or a school that is based in or benefits the residents of Berkshire.
The criteria for this award are broad due to the wide range of ways we anticipate that people will have had an effect upon others physical activity this year.
The nomination can be for any sized organisation, charity, club, community group, school or an individual that has impacted any number of people in a positive manner.
The 10th GBA Awards covers the period from January 2021 to end of November 2021.
The criteria for this award are:
- During the period from January 2021 to end of November 2021, they have delivered sport, physical activity or wellbeing sessions in an innovative way to their normal operating methods;
- Examples can be provided of how the nominee has conducted themselves during this period, who their work has benefitted and in what ways;
- The nominee should have gone above and beyond their normal role within sport, physical activity or wellbeing and made recognisable differences to others to deliver, inspire or motivate others during the restrictions to be active and/or promote health and wellbeing;
- They have provided support/delivered to those in greatest need/hardest to reach, widening access to sport and physical activity;
- The nomination may be for an individual project, one-off event, programme or series of workshops or sessions or a campaign/initiative. It can be through any means (eg face-to-face sessions, online videos, phone, live sessions on zoom, practical sessions, anything offline or physical materials/documents);
- They should have targeted physiological health, mental wellbeing, health management or any of the wider outcomes supported by physical activity and sport. Nominations should clearly define and describe the impact they have had in terms of improvements to health and wellbeing;
- Nominations should include details on who has benefitted (number of people, age, specific locations worked in and any other relevant demographic details).