Lead Coach(es) for a growing and successful club to build upon recent success and push the club further forward Halifax HC is a successful local, family friendly, yet competitive club, with 4 teams in each of the Ladies’ and Men’s senior sections as well as a thriving, highly successful junior academy. The time is now right for us to have a Lead Coach for each of the L1 & M1 squads, working under our Head Coach and we are looking to recruit coaches of a suitable standard to create the desired structure
- Park Lane Academy, HX3 9LG
- Contact Name
- David Wheatley
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
- Halifax Hockey Club
- Based on experience, qualifications and commitment able to give to the club
- Halifax Hockey Club
- Placed On
- Thu 28th July, 2022
- Sport / Activity
About Hockey Coach
Lead Coach(es) for a growing and successful club to build upon recent success and push the club further forward
Halifax HC is a successful local, family friendly, yet competitive club, with 4 teams in each of the Ladies' and Men's senior sections as well as a thriving, highly successful junior academy.
The time is now right for us to have a Lead Coach for each of the L1 & M1 squads, working under our Head Coach and we are looking to recruit coaches of a suitable standard to create the desired structure
The club's recent growth and success has been built upon the back of our excellent junior academy bringing through talented juniors - combined with a dedicated set of senior players. As a result, our adult sections are very much integrated with the success of the juniors, many of whom progress to the top adult sides. We have a degree of turnover each year as teenagers leave the area on finishing school and we primarily address this by ensuring that we have a continual strong pipeline of juniors.
We have a fantastic facility with 2 pitches and dedicated clubhouse with easy access to major transport links
- Lead Coach for Ladies'/Men's 1st XI
- Our L1's play in the Yorkshire & NE Women's Premier Division, and our L2's are 2 divisions below that (YNE Women's Division 1 Yorkshire)
- Our M1's play in the Yorkshire & NE Men's Division 2 Yorkshire, and our M2's are 2 divisions below that (YNE Men's Division 1 Moor & Dale)
- Reports to Head Coach for the Senior Sections & Ladies'/Men's Club Captain. Also work closely with the relevant team captain and Head Coach for the Junior Section.
- Work with the Head Coach on coaching strategy, approach & season objectives
- Planning and running training sessions – both pre-season and during the season (August to April).
- Work with Head coach and Junior Head Coach to identify and promote emerging talent
- Collaborate with Head Coach & Club Captain on squad selection and player feedback
- Collaborate with team captain on running the team
- Manage team Home & Away on at Saturday matches.
- Play an active role in the coaching structure, providing help and support to fellow coaches and regular review sessions as appropriate
- Proven high quality coach with record of developing teams and integrating juniors into adult set-up.
- Energetic, positive, and nurturing, while still ambitious and challenging.
Pay – flexible and competitive, linked to coaching qualification and number of sessions/games covered.
hhc-lead-coach-job-advert.pdf (PDF, 132.3 Kb)
Get Berkshire Active is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.