Leisure Team Member Apprentice - Enderby
Are you passionate about Sport, Exercise and Fitness? Everyone Active are looking for a new Leisure Team Member Apprentice. The role involves Fitness Instructing, Lifeguarding, Swim Teaching, and leading group activity sessions!
- Enderby Leisure Centre, Mill Lane, LE19 4LX
- Everyone Active
- £11,565 per annum
- Full Time
- Contract/Temporary (15 month apprenticeship)
- Everyone Active
- Placed On
- Mon 28th November, 2022
- 12:00am - Wed 11th January, 2023
- Job Reference
About Leisure Team Member Apprentice - Enderby
About the Apprenticeship:
Everyone Active are looking for enthusiastic and energetic candidates to work towards their Leisure Team Member Level 2 apprenticeship. There are five key areas of work all leisure team members will cover; leisure and fitness operations, lifeguard duties, swimming teaching duties, gym instruction and leading group activities. You will act as a Lifeguard, Swimming Teacher, Gym Instructor and Group Activity Leader amongst other operational duties.
You will achieve your Level 2 in Fitness Instructing, Level 1&2 Swim Teaching & NPLQ Lifeguarding Qualifications as part of this apprenticeship.
Your duties will include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to all members
- Assisting with gym tours and inductions
- Covering Lifeguard positions
- Support the centre swim teaching team to deliver exceptional swimming lessons
- Adopting a customer service focussed approach to your responsibilities
- Showing members how to use the gym equipment and machines
- Creating personal exercise places for members
- Understanding health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Support and motivate clients who take part in physical activity
- Safe and effective pool supervision
- Equipment setups safely and on time
- Effective communication with other team members
You will work a combination of Gym and Leisure side hours whilst working within the centre.
Progression within the company is a core value, and on completion of your apprenticeship you will have plenty of opportunities to progress and develop within the company.
This is a full-time position, and you will be required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week on a shift basis at your designated centre. You will receive on-going training and benefit from free use of the gym and swimming pool.
What training and qualifications will you receive?
- Leisure Team Member Apprenticeship L2
- NPLQ (National Pool Lifeguarding Qualification)
- Instructing Exercise and Fitness L2
- Swim Teaching L1&2
- (If you don't have GCSE C+) Functional Skills Level 2 in Mathematics, Functional Skills Level 2 English, Functional Skills Level 2 ICT
What is the expected career progression?
Potential Progression to Team Leader and then onto Duty Management training.
Get Berkshire Active is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.