Head Coach for Bromsgrove Swimming Club
HEAD COACH Organisation: Bromsgrove Swimming Club Contract type: Self employed Qualifications: Level 2 coach (or higher) Working hours: Part time Pay: Negotiable based on qualifications and experience Location: Bromsgrove Closing date: 19th December 2022 23.59
- Bromsgrove, B60 1AY
- Contact Name
- Charlotte Bower
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
- Pay: Negotiable based on qualifications and experience
- (Self Employed)
- Placed On
- Tue 6th December, 2022
- 11:45pm - Mon 19th December, 2022
- Sport / Activity
- Job Reference
About Head Coach for Bromsgrove Swimming Club
Bromsgrove Swimming Club is looking to recruit a new Head Coach to join our small dedicated coaching team. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, enthusiastic, organised, an excellent communicator and passionate about the sport. Bromsgrove Swimming Club was established in 1966 and our vision is to be an inclusive, friendly, and competitive club that inspires swimmers to meet their personal objectives and be the best they can be. We are a relatively small club with 140 members; however, we punch well above our weight at all levels, with our junior swimmers qualifying for the finals for PGL and Nuneaton Junior Leagues and taking numerous competitors to counties, regionals, and nationals in 2022, whilst our masters medalled at the National Masters meet.
We are looking for someone who holds at least the Swim England Swimming Coach (Level 2) or equivalent qualification to head up our coaching team. The club will support the successful candidate in further professional development in line with the role. As a club, we cater for all levels of swimmers (LTS to National) and all ages (4 – Masters)
Critical Personal Requirements
● Swim England Swimming Coach certificate/ASA level 2 or higher, with relevant coaching experience.
● Working knowledge of Optimum Athlete Development Framework (OADF)
● Enthusiastic and self motivated with excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to motivate and inspire swimmers and coaches to achieve their full potential.
● Able to maintain good working relationships with the club's coaches and teachers providing guidance and support.
● Enhanced DBS check required, with no reported matters
● Holder of Safeguarding Certificate Oversight and Programme Development
● Oversight of all areas of the club's water based programme from LTS and competitive through to masters and triathletes
● Continue the development of the competitive swimming program, based on the principles of Optimum Athlete Development Framework (OADF)
● Plan and deliver a competitive swim program to enable our swimmers to continue to perform to the best of their ability.
● Monitor the progress of swimmers and their transition between the squads (working with the coaching/teaching team) in line with the relevant squad criteria
● Work with the Committee to ensure the strategic development of the club
● Ensure squad registers are maintained
● Maintain the working relationship with local clubs across the county and the region.
● Compile and review a competition calendar
● Select teams for galas/competitions
● Attend personally, or arrange coach cover for galas, open meets and internal competitions
● Be active in delivering our own open meet – "Bearfest"
● Willing to attend external and internal meetings as required
● Willing to develop our current coaches and provide guidance
● Arrange regular coaches' meetings to aid the running of the club
● Able to communicate effectively with swimmers, parents, coaches and committee
● Willing to work with the committee in contributing to overall club development and succession planning
● Have a good working knowledge of child protection and safeguarding and ensure compliance with Swim England and club policies including welfare and child protection (Wavepower 2020-2023)
● Maintain a high ethical standard in both coaching and maintaining discipline
● Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to maintain up to date knowledge.
How to apply
Email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Get Berkshire Active is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.