Come Along to Our FREE Sport for Development Forum!
Posted: Tue, 05 Sep 2023 14:19
If you are a Berkshire Sporting organisation/club, wanting to work or already working to support individuals and society to tackle a wide range of social and health issues, then come along to our free Sport for Development ('SFD') forum!
This forum is about explicitly using sport to find ways to help our communities in addressing the big problems that we are all concerned about. This includes
- Reducing offending
- Helping prevent and treat physical and mental health conditions
- Building social connection between communities, isolated & excluded people
- Contributing to education, personal development and employment
- Reducing inequalities in society
We are delighted to bring this forum to you in partnership with experts from the world of sport who are delivering SFD activity, including: Street Games, Sport for Development Coalition, Sport in Mind, Berkshire Cricket Foundation, Motiv8 Sport and Fitness, Reading Rockets Basketball Club, Berks, Bucks & Oxfordshire Football Association.
The SFD concept can be adopted by any sports club/organisation, it is not just something that specialist sports organisations do. This forum will help you to understand how other organisations like yours have started to deliver great impact for local communities by adapting how they deliver some of their sports sessions.
Why come along
- Learn about how Sport for Development works
- Find out from the experts how your organisation could get involved
- Find out how Sport for Development can open up new types of Funding
- Hear about local opportunities to get involved
- Access to training to support your workforce in order to do this type of work
- Grow your membership through new ways of delivering to new groups
- Connect and network with others in sport locally
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact email@example.com
We hope you can join us!
Please register your attendance in advance through this booking page.