Remote coaching and delivery
Here we have collated a range of guidance and resources to help support you coach or deliver sessions virtually.
This page is still evolving, so keep checking back for new resources and guidance.
UK Coaching - Tips for delivering sessions remotely
Platforms for virtual delivery
Facebook Live - account required
Zoom - free version 40 mins max / Pro £11.99 a month
YouTube - recordings sent out via link
Microsoft Teams - could be unfamiliar to some participants, however easy to access and host
Skype - account required
Facetime - participants must have IOS
Facebook Messenger - account required
WhatsApp - all participants require WhatsApp
Remote Coaching: Do's & Don'ts
In respect of any coaching or instruction that is undertaken remotely (either live or pre-recorded), it is strongly recommended that the coach should:
1. at the commencement of the session, advise participants:
- that by participating they are doing so at their own risk;
- a suitable, non-slip floor space is required and any potential obstructions in the vicinity are removed before they participate;
- to avoid activities if they have, or suspect they may have any current health concerns, injuries, aches and pains;
- avoid the use of blades, weapons or sharp instruments of any description;
- avoid physical contact with other participants and where appropriate, adhere to social distancing guidelines;
2. ensure that sessions are conducted for the benefit of existing members/participants/contacts only who have demonstrated sufficient suitability to participate;
3. continue to only instruct activities in which you are qualified to do so;
4. record the session. Retaining the recording for a period of up to thirty-six (36) months may assist in any claim made against you.