COVID-19: Support for Clubs
Updated 29th May 2020
Knowing that clubs are facing challenging times as a result of COVID-19, we want to provide support for Berkshire clubs and its workforce. GBA has created this support page to give you ideas and access to tools and resources which will help you to work through the current situation.
This page will evolve as we post new opportunities and resources, but please get in contact with any questions or feedback by contacting our Workforce Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sport England Coronavirus Support
- The latest government guidance
- Funding news
- Support for projects and organisations
- Research and insight, and much more
GBA Support Survey
Advice for clubs
- Stay in touch with your members and keep them updated on the position of the club.
- Be upfront with your members about the financial position the club is in and don't be afraid to go to those you pay to request a freeze, deferment or suspension on charges and fees
- Consider setting challenges and asking people to post their videos online.
- Members will want a club to go back to when all this is over so encourage them to stay active and be creative from home.
- Keep an eye on guidance given by your national governing body (NGB).
- Can you use this non-playing time to focus on the things that you might not get a chance to do during the season?
- Don't forget to praise effort and good work from people that are working behind the scenes to keep the club alive.
Key Guidance from External Organisations
GOV.UK is being regularly updated with key information to support the sector
Specific guidance has been published to support the reopening of the sport and physical activity sector.
CIMSPA - Sector Reopening Guidance
UK Active - Framework for the reopening of the sector
This is a challenging time for many people due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Sports clubs and activities have had to be cancelled and postponed and staying connected with your workforce, teams and members is as crucial as ever.
NGB - Specific Advice & Guidance
- 01628 472851 / 07912 178655