Support for Clubs & the Workforce
Knowing that clubs are facing challenging times as a result of COVID-19, we want to provide support for Berkshire clubs and its workforce. GBA has created this support page to give you ideas and access to tools and resources which will help you to work through the current situation.
This page will evolve as we post new opportunities and resources, but please get in contact with any questions or feedback by contacting our Workforce Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19: local restrictions and key guidance
For more information on the government's latest announcements and the restrictions in place to tackle coronavirus (Covid-19) that'll impact grassroots sport and physical activity, see our COVID-19 in Berkshire page.
Sport England Coronavirus Support
- The latest government guidance
- Funding news
- Support for projects and organisations
- Research and insight, and much more
As outdoor sport reopens, Sport England have prepared some advice and ideas based on the tracking and monitoring they've been doing with people around their attitudes, intentions and feelings about getting back out there.
How will you #ReturnToPlay ?
Lockdown advice for clubs & coaches
- Stay in touch with your members and keep them updated on the position of the club.
- Be upfront with your members about the financial position the club is in and don't be afraid to go to those you pay to request a freeze, deferment or suspension on charges and fees.
- Consider setting challenges and asking people to post their videos online.
- Members will want a club to go back to when all this is over so encourage them to stay active and be creative from home.
- Keep an eye on guidance given by your national governing body (NGB).
- Can you use this non-playing time to focus on the things that you might not get a chance to do during the season?
- Don't forget to praise effort and good work from people that are working behind the scenes to keep the club alive.
Developing the frontline workforce for We Are Undefeatable.
Sport England's latest update included information from UK Coaching on their plans for better supporting the frontline activity workforce.
Activity Alliance: Improve access for disabled people
Activity Alliance working with access expert Jean Hewitt have put together a guide to support sports clubs to improve access for disabled people. The downloadable resource will take you through main areas of physical access and signpost you to sources of further information and support.
A free community for coaches for friendly support and advice.
We recognise that first aid remains a crucial skill even as the country deals with the COVID-19 pandemic. St John Ambulance have put together some key advice for first aiders so that you can continue to keep those you care for and yourself safe.
Communicating and Engaging Virtually
Do you need support in Communicating and Engaging as a Virtual Club? Sport England and Club Matters have outlined some key guidance.
Key Guidance from External Organisations
This is a challenging time for many people due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Sports clubs and activities have had to be cancelled and postponed and staying connected with your workforce, teams and members is as crucial as ever.
NGB - Return to Play Guidance
- 01628 472851 / 07912 178655