COVID-19: Support for Clubs & the Workforce
Updated 21st October 2020
Knowing that clubs are facing challenging times as a result of COVID-19, we want to provide support for Berkshire clubs and its workforce. GBA has created this support page to give you ideas and access to tools and resources which will help you to work through the current situation.
This page will evolve as we post new opportunities and resources, but please get in contact with any questions or feedback by contacting our Workforce Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org
LATEST: Government introduces "three-tier system of restrictions".
Sport England guidance
20th October 2020 - 'Three-tier system of restrictions'
Sport England have updated their coronavirus advice to reflect the fact the government has introduced a three-tier system of restrictions.
23rd September 2020 - 'Rule of six' to be applied to adult indoor team sports
With new coronavirus-related restrictions for sport announced by the UK Government, Sport England have compiled answers on what is and isn't allowed.
24th September 2020
The Government yesterday announced new restrictions in England. From 24 September, organised indoor sports can only take place in groups of six or less. CIMSPA have has summarised the guidance for group exercise:
Sport England Coronavirus Support
- The latest government guidance
- Funding news
- Support for projects and organisations
- Research and insight, and much more
Advice for clubs & Coaches
- Stay in touch with your members and keep them updated on the position of the club.
- Be upfront with your members about the financial position the club is in and don't be afraid to go to those you pay to request a freeze, deferment or suspension on charges and fees.
- Consider setting challenges and asking people to post their videos online.
- Members will want a club to go back to when all this is over so encourage them to stay active and be creative from home.
- Keep an eye on guidance given by your national governing body (NGB).
- Can you use this non-playing time to focus on the things that you might not get a chance to do during the season?
- Don't forget to praise effort and good work from people that are working behind the scenes to keep the club alive.
We recognise that first aid remains a crucial skill even as the country deals with the COVID-19 pandemic. St John Ambulance have put together some key advice for first aiders so that you can continue to keep those you care for and yourself safe.
Communicating and Engaging Virtually
Do you need support in Communicating and Engaging as a Virtual Club? Sport England and Club Matters have outlined some key guidance.
Key Guidance from External Organisations
GOV.UK is being regularly updated with key information to support the sector
- Guidance for out-of-school child care provision (holiday clubs, community activities etc.)
This is a challenging time for many people due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Sports clubs and activities have had to be cancelled and postponed and staying connected with your workforce, teams and members is as crucial as ever.
NGB - Return to Play Guidance
- 01628 472851 / 07912 178655