COVID-19: Supporting the Workforce
Knowing that coaches and activators are facing challenging times as a result of COVID-19, we want to provide support for Berkshire and its fantastic workforce. GBA has created this support page to give you ideas and access to tools and resources which will help you to work through the current situation.
This page will evolve as we post new opportunities and resources, but please get in contact with any questions or feedback by contacting our Workforce Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Guidance for the Workforce
There is up-to-date guidance detailing the measures that the government are putting in place to support employees and individuals.
We recognise that first aid remains a crucial skill even as the country deals with the COVID-19 pandemic. St John Ambulance have put together some key advice for first aiders so that you can continue to keep those you care for and yourself safe.
EMD UK is the National Governing Body for group exercise. They have published some FREE instructor resources to help deal with the challenges of COVID-19:
- The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMPSA) have created this hub as a place to bring together advice and practical assistance on COVID-19 for the sport and physical activity workforce.
- They are also undertaking a survey to understand the impact of COVID-19 on the workforce – please help build this knowledge base by sharing with any relevant contacts.
UK Coaching know there is nothing more frustrating than not being able to do what you love. But while the spread of the virus may be preventing you gathering with your teams and participants, it cannot stop you gathering knowledge and growing your coaching skills during this exasperating but unavoidable pause in play. UK Coaching would like to help you use your downtime effectively, so that when things return to normal you will be stronger for the experience.
Subscribe to UK Coaching to access their most valuable resources.
This selection of tips, guidance, videos, webinars and expert voices will give you the opportunity to take stock and reflect on your coaching practice, and will also help you expand your coaching knowledge and ideas.
Click here to access this selection of resources on their website.
UK Coaching - Keeping People Active at Home Infographics
What are the things that separate good coaches from great coaches? Well, we know that one of those elements is curiosity; it is the urge you feel to know more about something. Alongside this is the knowledge that the more we learn and find out, the more we realise we don't actually know as much as we thought! This is where the 'Curious Coaches Club' comes in!
Each week UK Coaching will be holding a conversation about a particular coaching topic that they know is important to coaches and one that many would like to learn more about. You see, we are all coaches as well and are fascinated by the process and art of coaching, helping people to learn and grow whilst using sport and activity as the vehicle to achieve this. Sometimes this might be helping another person get better at a specific technical or tactical outcome or it could be to support someone else to increase their confidence or communication skills.
The 'Curious Coaches Club' has three parts to it:
- Watch 'A Conversation About…' between expert coaches live on a Monday or on-demand via UKCoaching.org or their YouTube channel.
- Engage and take part in a more in-depth conversation about the topic on Wednesday or Thursday via smaller informal gatherings of coaches hosted by one of the UK Coaching team.
- Continue the conversation via the community aspect of 'Connected Coaches' hosted on their website.
Over the coming weeks UK Coaching will be following this process to talk about all sorts of different topics and feel free to share with them if there are any specific topics, discussions or coaches you would like to hear from and they will see what they can do!
- 01628 472851 / 07912 178655