Get Berkshire Active have created this page to make it easier for you to access lots of useful material to support you:
- Being Active at home
- Looking after your mental wellbeing
- Working From Home
Professor Chris Whitty: "There is no situation, there is no age and there is no condition where exercise is not a good thing."
Being active at home - our top tips
1. Create a routine - schedule time for your physical activity throughout the day.
2. Get dressed for physical activity. Changing into appropriate clothes will help to create a positive attitude and motivation.
3. Choose a reputable activity appropriate to you.
4. Consider your mood and energy levels when thinking about what to do today. Low Energy? Then try seated exercises. Ready for a full workout? Search for more intense workouts. We have provided links to a variety of options.
5. Put some music on! Music can lift our mood and help us enjoy the activity even more.
6. IMPORTANT! Be safe - choose activity appropriate to you, let people know you are about to exercise, keep your phone handy just in case.
Are you a local provider delivering sessions online?
If 'Yes' - you can now identify activities as virtual when adding them to our activity finder. You will find a link to a step by step guide on how to add activities to our Activity Finder below.
If you would like to get in touch with us directly please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.