The more active you are during pregnancy, the easier it will be for you to keep active after childbirth. It will also help you to cope with labour and support your health and wellbeing after the birth. Please refer to this page on the NHS website about exercising during pregnancy.
Exercising after having a baby is also important. When you're feeling tired, being active may seem like the last thing you want to do. But regular activity can relax you as well as help you feel more energetic. It can also help your body recover after childbirth and may help prevent postnatal depression.
Please refer to this page on the NHS website about keeping healthy after having a baby.
If you would like to read more about support for your mental health please go to this page on our website.
Mums' Zone sessions are now online
Mums' Zone is an holistic programme for pregnant and new mums. Exercise sessions for all abilities are available as well as social support opportunities and workshops.
The Mums' Zone virtual classes are designed for pregnant women and mums with young babies – they are led by pre and post-natal qualified exercise teachers. The class is focused on mum (but if you wish to have your baby with you that is fine).
What Mums are saying about the Mums' Zone online sessions:
"Thank you so much for these sessions. They helped me to start to feel like me again and not just a mum who is still in pain and healing after a traumatic birth. These free sessions are a lifeline at this time."
"Excellent teacher, I have been really enjoying the classes"
"A lovely weekly opportunity and time for me. Please keep the classes going!"
Want to join the sessions? Please read over the below and email email@example.com to register.
- If you wish to join either of the classes please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your interest
- Once you have confirmed your interest you can find the booking form for the pregnancy classes here: complete the booking form
- To take part in the postnatal classes you need to have had the all-clear following your 6-week post-natal check up with your doctor (or 8-12 weeks after a C-section)
- You agree that you are responsible for your own health and safety whilst participating
- The sessions are aimed at mums but if you have your babies with you please ensure there is enough space for you and baby with room around you.
- If you have any questions please email: email@example.com
Arooj will be delivering the Mums' Zone virtual postnatal yoga classes and has been delivering our Mums' Zone programme since last September 2019.
Arooj is a Level 4 certified Yoga teacher with FRYOG. Member of Register of Exercise Professionals and has been teaching yoga for 15 years. Arooj specialises in Hatha, Restorative yoga and Meditation and is qualified to teach post-natal yoga. Arooj looks forward to welcoming new women to the classes.
Michelle will be delivering the pregnancy and postnatal classes.
Michelle is a mother of three grown up children and a recent graduate in Sports & Exercise Science BSc (Hons). She qualified to teach yoga in 2008, Pilates in 2013 and then specialist training in pre and postnatal yoga and pilates in 2012. Specialist areas of teaching are: women's health during pregnancy and postpartum periods. Michelle's dissertation was on PGP during pregnancy and the effects exercise has on alleviating this.