Being active at home can be fun...here are some links to give you inspiration.
Female specific activities
Her Spirit is a personalised coaching app for your Mind, Body and Fuel and is now FREE for EVERY women in the UK thanks to Sport England Lottery funding.
To help keep you motivated and feeling less socially isolated through this during this period of national uncertainty they are hosting the following within the Her Spirit Community:
- Daily live and on demand workouts - Yoga, Indoor Cycling, Core, Strength, IMoveFreely + more
- Weekly Her Spirit podcast with Louise Minchin (BBC Breakfast) & Annie Emmerson (BBC Triathlon Presenter) and special guests
- Weekly community run and cycling challenges
- Weekly live and on demand meditations
- Weekly Live healthy eating and lifestyles education and inspiration.
- Community Feed to chat and keep in touch with each other for fun and support.
Women in Sport's Reframing Sport for Teenage Girls research looked at the importance of understanding the lives of teenage girls and appreciating what is important in helping them find the joy, fulfilment and inspiration for being active.
One of the key themes of the work that was uncovered was the power of the relationship between mums/mother-figures and daughters.
Teenage girls cherish alone time with their mum and view their relationship as a 'safe space' without any fear of judgement.
This provides an opportunity for both to be active together, and discover the joy, fun and well-being benefits of exercise.
Parent and child activities
For more ideas on activities for families with a child/children please see this page on our website.