Acting Together For Better Mental Health
Lots of people get depressed in winter when the festive time is over and the days are still dark.
What can you do to feel like yourself again?
Support your mental health this January by joining #RedJanuary challenge and doing something active every single day.
The RED community with its partner, the leading mental health charity, Mind, provide information, advice and support while campaigning for a better deal and respect for everyone experiencing a mental health problem.
This January, challenge yourself to get active every day, your way!
Whether you run, swim, cycle or choose your favourite fitness activity, set your goal and enjoy support from the RED community every step, splash and pedal of the way!
If you're interested in building a network of REDers in your local area, whilst raising funds that will directly impact your community, you can view the full list of local Minds that are getting RED-y for January by going to the Fundraising section of the FAQ's.
You can find lots of supporting materials on the RED January Resources Page:
- The Calendar will help you tick off each day as you get active your way.
- The Social Media posts will help you invite your friends and colleagues to join you on your RED journey.
- Social Media posters will ease your effort to promote the campaign on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
- A Profile Frame will distinguish your Social Media Account as a RED January Promoter.
- Step-by-step fundraising guide is for instant inspiration. A printed sponsorship form to help get donations from friends and family.
Support RED January in Berkshire
- Join the challenge and encourage your colleagues and friends to sign up to the challenge at www.redtogether.co.uk
- Help spread the word about the challenge by posting a Sign up selfie on Social Media with hashtags #RedJanuary (more hashtags Tag @GetBerkshireActive (Facebook) and @GetBerksActive (Twitter) and @GetBerkshireActive (Instagram) to help us support your effort.
- Send us information about any activities, taster sessions, events your organisation or partners have in January 2020 to support those REDers who are looking for a diverse range of activities to keep on being active and not give up this January. We will publish this information on this webpage. This is what we would need from you:
- Details of the sessions/events (date, time, address)
- Images or flyers preferably
- Add your sessions to Activity Finder and mark "Red January" as a campaign to ease the search for people looking for activities in local area.
RED January frame (PNG, 96 Kb, 1280x720)
Print the Frame, write an inspirational sign saying that you've signed up for #REDJanuary, How you feel being a REDer, How it helps you, What are you proud of etc. Make a selfie with a Frame and share it on Social Media. Tag @GetBerkshireActive (FB) and @GetBerksActive (Twitter) and @GetBerkshireActive (Inst).
RED January in Berkshire
Chair Yoga Sessions in West Berkshire in January
Fit For Life Celebrations in Wokingham Without