Get Berkshire Active, are committed to; making it easier for people from a wider range of backgrounds become session deliverers, develop a learning culture focused on ongoing improvement and the development of expertise and support the workforce to become better equipped to provide experiences based on the needs and goals of the individual. Through these grants we hope to focus our support and resources to different session deliverers throughout Berkshire.
Who can apply for the grants?
All of the Get Berkshire Active bursaries are available to cover costs of development courses including Level 1 and 2 NGB courses and CPD opportunities up to £200. Eligible applicants must:
- Be resident in Berkshire & be actively delivering in Berkshire.
- Be aged 16 or over with the notion of delivering sport or physical activity in the immediate future
- Detail the confirmed dates of the course/qualification you are booked on to or looking to book on to
- Everyone accessing the grants will be required to report back to Get Berkshire Active on impact
Who do the Workforce Development Grants want to target?
The workforce developmet grants want to target one or more of these demographics. If you are delivering to one or more of these your application will be advantageous.
- Older People
- People with disabilities
- People from Ethnically Diverse Communities
- People living in areas of deprivation
- People with Long Term Health Conditions
Applicants are welcome to apply, and each application will be carefully reviewed on an individual basis
To apply for GBA Workforce Development Grant please click here to access the application.
If you are having any issues accessing the form please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Activity Development Officer
Izzy is the Physical Activity Development Officer at GBA. Her role involves assisting with funding programmes for children and young people and providing support and opportunities for those in the workforce. She has a degree in Sports Development and Coaching Science from Bournemouth University, and interned at a County FA as football development officer before joining us. Her passions lies in witnessing the positive impact that physical activity can have on someone, mentally and physically. Outside of work she is a keen football coach, spectator and player!