What is This Girl Can?
This Girl Can celebrates active women who are doing their thing no matter how they do it, how they look or even how sweaty they get. Launched in 2015, the campaign has successfully persuaded nearly three million women to get more active – and the campaign continues.
Sport England discovered that 75% of 14-40 year old women in England want to exercise more, but the fear of judgement was stopping them.
This Girl Can will tackle these fears and a host of other issues to empower more women to give sport a go.
In October 2018 This Girl Can launched a new phase of its award-winning campaign that's working to drive down the gender gap in sport. #FitGotReal aims to build on the campaign's achievements so far, as well as specifically reaching out to women of backgrounds and ethnicities who feel left behind by traditional exercise. Watch the inspirational video!
Join the conversation...
1. Follow @thisgirlcanuk
2. Use #thisgirlcan
3. Like it on Facebook
4. Visit the website http://www.thisgirlcan.co.uk/ to read some inspirational stories
5. Make your own This Girl Can poster here
Ways to get involved in Berkshire....
If you're an organisation, club or group...
- Use This Girl Can branding to help raise the profile of your club or activity - you must sign up as a Supporter on the This Girl Can website in order to do this.
- Send us details about your female only sessions or activities for a plug on our social media channels and information on how you can be added to our activity and/or event finder.
- Ask to borrow our This Girl Can banners (only suitable for indoors) to help raise the profile of the campaign locally.
If you're an individual...
- Become a This Girl Can Ambassador (link to more details below).
- Let us know about any female only sessions or activities that you think might be appropriate for our activity and/or event finder.
- Tell us about your own #fitgotreal stories so we can use it to help inspire other local women and girls to be more active.
- Consider becoming an activity leader or coach and make use of the discounts we have available for courses and workshops.
Become a This Girl Can Ambassador (PDF, 11.7 Mb)
Help GBA to amplify and activate the campaign locally
Our 'This Girl Can Run 10k' ladies from 2017
For more information
Strategic Lead for Ageing Well
Kirsty is the Strategic Lead for Ageing Well at Get Berkshire Active. She leads on the development of GBA's Ageing Well theme, aiming to create the conditions for a healthy and independent later life. She is also lead liaison for Berkshire West Local Authorities. With over 15 years' experience within the sports sector, she holds a BA (Hons) in Sport, Health and Exercise, as well as an MSc in Sports Injury. Her previous roles were in local authority and the NHS, before joining GBA at its inception is 2011. Her sense of purpose has come from personally discovering the benefits of physical activity and she enjoys helping others to access them. In her spare time, she takes part in netball, fitness classes and loves being outdoors.
- 07394 564540